Charge: The education commissioner shall review Minnesota Rules, parts 3535.0100 to 3535.0180, for consistency with Minnesota Statutes, sections 124D.861 and 124D.862, and make recommendations to the education committees of the legislature by February 15, 2014, for revising the rules or amending applicable statutes
• “integrated learning environment”
• MDE is using the following definition for “integrated learning environment” as guidance:
• Integration vs desegregation
• “achievement gap” vs “proficiency”
• Other terms
• How to measure outcomes
• Connection between achievement gap and integration
STEM Forum and Expo, May 20-23!
National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) is hosting their national STEM forum in Minnesota in May. This unique, STEM-focused event is where educators gather to share tools and resources for implementing STEM education into schools and communities. What makes this event so different? The people presenting! One of whom is our own Doug Paulson, agency STEM Specialist. Visit NSTA site to learn more.