You must complete the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) application annually online in the Cyber-Linked Interactive Child Nutrition System (CLiCS). The system will e-mail an approval notification to the e-mail indicated on the sponsor application when the application is approved. Remember the system will not allow the submitting of claims for reimbursement until the application status for both sponsor and site(s) is approved. For additional information, resources and forms access the Child and Adult Care Food Program for Centers website.
Option to Approve Household Income Statements Back to Submission Date – The sponsor application now has a check box to indicate if you are using the submission date rather than the approval date of a household application as the effective date of eligibility. For additional information, access the Household Income Statements-Option to Approve Based on Submission Date.
All application documents are available on the CACFP website. You upload the completed documents directly onto the CLiCS application(s) using the active (red) upload button(s) as part of the renewal process. Access the Upload Instructions
The system automatically approves submitted applications passing all the CLiCS validation errors. The application(s) remaining in submitted status require Safety, Health and Nutrition (SHN) staff to review the application and all supporting documents. If SHN staff needs additional clarification they will contact you.
1. Log into CLiCS by selecting “2010 and later” and select “Applications.”
2. Select program type “CACFP,” year “2015,” change search type to “Site,” then select “Search.”
3. Select the site identification (ID) number to open each site application. Review and update the information for 2014-2015 as needed.
4. Question 4 – Check the box if your site has a Tribal Council License or is Exempt from Licensing, upload a copy of the most current tribal license or a current copy of the non-licensed site attachment. Access the CACFP Attachment for Non-Licensed Sites.
5. Question 9 – Check the “vended” box if you pay a Vendor to provide meals. Upload a completed copy of the vended meals contract or renewal. Access the Vended Meal Contract template or Access the Vended Meal Contract Renewal template.
6. Scroll to the top of the screen, change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval” and select “Save.”
7. Select the red applications tab to return to the screen with the list of site applications. Repeat steps one through six for any additional sites.
8. Return to the main application page by selecting the red applications tab; change the search type to “Sponsor,” then select “Search.”
9. Select the sponsor ID number to open the sponsor application. For your convenience some of the previous year’s application information is on the renewing application.
10. Upload a copy of the required documents:
a. Single site sponsors:
i. Access the Principal Information form formerly Birth Date Form.
b. Multi-site sponsors (question 6):
ii. Access the Principal Information form formerly Birth Date Form and Board Composition Form.
1. Clearly identify and include all items required as well as any changed documents.
11. Review and update the information for 2014-2015 as needed, including the budget information.
13. Scroll to the top of the screen, change the radio button to “Submitted for Approval” and select “Save.”
CLiCS Site ID Request identifies the physical location where you serve meals when adding a new sites or moving. Access the CLiCS Site ID Request Form.
CLiCS User ID/Password Request Form is for adding or deleting your staffs’ access to CLiCS. Access the CLiCS User ID Request Form.
Listserv Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form is to submit or remove your staffs name and e-mail address for memos and announcements related to CACFP. Access the Listserv Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form.
Appeal Procedure identifies the steps you must take to appeal a state agency administrative action. View the CACFP Appeal Procedure.
Contact the SHN Applications Team at 1-800-366-8922 (MN Toll-Free), 651-582-8526 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minnesota Department of Education
Safety, Health and Nutrition
1500 Highway 36 West
Roseville, MN 55113