Reporting Back: Notes from Teacher Licensure Task Force Meeting on 8/22/13
I. College Entrance Exams
II. How Tests Should Be
A. Multi-tiered, Student results-oriented, Skills related to student needs
1. Focus on pedagogy
2. Across curriculum
3. What does literacy look like?
4. Teacher prep is focused on effectiveness
5. Practice for teaching residency
6. A single test score must be multi-tiered, showing what candidate scored on each section
7. Professional self-governance is difficult
8. Should be authentic assessment
9. Accommodating of career changed
10. Metro v. Out-state
11. Alignment of expectations
A) Preparation and classroom
12. Value of Board of Teaching
13. Exam prior to entry diagnostic
A. Pearson can be better at getting information back
STEM Forum and Expo, May 20-23!
National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) is hosting their national STEM forum in Minnesota in May. This unique, STEM-focused event is where educators gather to share tools and resources for implementing STEM education into schools and communities. What makes this event so different? The people presenting! One of whom is our own Doug Paulson, agency STEM Specialist. Visit NSTA site to learn more.