Reporting Back: Notes from Teacher Licensure Task Force Meeting on 8/22/13
I. College Entrance Exams
II. How Tests Should Be
A. Multi-tiered, Student results-oriented, Skills related to student needs
1. Focus on pedagogy
2. Across curriculum
3. What does literacy look like?
4. Teacher prep is focused on effectiveness
5. Practice for teaching residency
6. A single test score must be multi-tiered, showing what candidate scored on each section
7. Professional self-governance is difficult
8. Should be authentic assessment
9. Accommodating of career changed
10. Metro v. Out-state
11. Alignment of expectations
A) Preparation and classroom
12. Value of Board of Teaching
13. Exam prior to entry diagnostic
A. Pearson can be better at getting information back
Regional Leadership Summits Filling Up Fast!
Aligning systems, through postsecondary partnerships, for student success. You are invited to assemble a secondary or postsecondary team to deepen our common understandings of newly-enacted legislation and to explore opportunities for new or expanded partnerships between our E-12 and postsecondary systems that will better prepare our continuum of learners to be career and college-ready. Spots still available in Brainerd and Rochester! An additional summit is being hosted in Marshall on Jan. 15th. Register by Jan. 10. If you registered for Rochester summit and want to switch to Marshall location, contact Jessica Espinosa.