Third-Party Billing




Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) contacts:

MDE School Finance Team at 651-582-8379. Ask questions about the Electronic Data Reporting System (EDRS) and the cost and full-time equivalent (FTE) components related to DHS for setting rates for billing.

Tom Delaney, Special Education at 651-582-8324. Ask questions regarding federal and state third party reimbursement policy including consent issues and inter-departmental liaison.

Ruth Ellen Luehr, Special Education, at 651-582-8403. Get information concerning private insurance coverage denials, Individualized Education Program (IEP) health related services and school nursing practice.

Department of Human Services (DHS) contacts:

Jenny Roth, 651- 431-2622, IEP Services Program Coordinator, for policy and program questions about third-party reimbursement.

Jesusa Williams, 651-431-2538 for all questions related to setting reimbursement rates for professionals and paraprofessionals.

Jill Johnson, 651-431-2333, for questions related to Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS), children’s mental health services.

Jeri Boomgaarden, 651-431-3242, for information and training on MN-ITS, the on-line system for billing for services to individual students.

March 2014