The effects of summer reading loss have been well documented, but did you know that summer math loss is an even bigger problem?
To keep Minnesota kids learning throughout summer, Metametrics (R) has teamed up with the Minnesota Department of Education to offer exciting and fun challenges to help students retain the math and reading skills they learned this past school year, while ramping up their skills for next fall. These programs are free, self-directed opportunties that parents and students can have fun with together.
Districts, schools and libraries: Full-color bookmarks and flyers are available below for you to use to promote these programs to your students and parents.
Parents, get your child started today!
Complete Your Summer Reading Pledge to Win!
- Visit Find a Book, Minnesota (lexile.com/fab/MN) to sign up.
- Enter your child's Lexile measure (instructions are found on the Find a Book Minnesota site).
- Help your child select categories of interest.
- View and refine your search results.
- Add books to your child's reading list.or schools may print out certificates for students who meet the challenges by the end of summer.
- Some lucky readers will win $25 Barnes & Noble gift cards.
Join the Summer Math Challenge
- Go to quantiles.com/summer-math to enroll your child.
- Starting Monday, June 22, check your inbox for daily emails with fun math activities and resources.
- Visit quantiles.com/summer-math every day to read about the weekly math concept and earn badges.
- When the program ends on Friday, July 31, print an award certificate to celebrate your child’s summer accomplishment!