Being a special education teacher can be a challenging and rewarding career. It takes a special teacher to work in this area of education, and the need is great. So if you are considering a career as a special education teacher, use the resources provided here to learn how you can get started!
Our students deserve the best education we can provide, which includes the best educators. To discover if special education is a good choice for you, follow the steps below. More information on each step is available in the sections provided.
- Step 1: Discover the roles of a special education teacher.
- Step 2: Examine the Minnesota requirements to become a special education teacher.
- Step 3: Find a preparation program that works best for you.
- Step 4: Identify financial aid options.
- Step 5: Make a plan.
- Step 6: Secure a teaching job.